Volunteer and Donate
“It’s not how much we give, but how much LOVE we put into our giving” – Mother Teresa
We depend on our dedicated volunteers to support our programs and community outreach. In 2017, more than 100 volunteers donated more than 8,800 hours of service! That remarkable contribution of time greatly enhanced our ability to provide high-quality memory care services and community education.
All volunteers are trained by professional staff to ensure confidence in their role at Memory Matters., Volunteers consider their time spent at Memory Matters as some of their best hours of the week.
- Program: Support Compass Day Program or Connections Classes with music, art, activities and companionship. Program volunteers are fully trained by staff to help participants with activities and at lunch. With our volunteer crew, Memory Matters is able to keep its “staff”/participant ratio to 1:4, better by 100% than what is required by the state of South Carolina (1:8)
- Educational: Assist with community presentations and preparation. Memory Matters will be vastly expanding our Community Education offerings. Volunteers with backgrounds in teaching, management, consulting and logistics are welcome.
- Administrative: Help with mailings, family check-in calls, clerical work. As we grow our organization, volunteers with administrative skills are greatly valued. Volunteers extend our small administrative staff’s ability to manage mail, calls and inquiries.
- Board of Directors: Supply business and fundraising expertise. Memory Matters continues to strategically expand its Board membership. Our goal is to recruit talented residents living in the Hilton head Island and Bluffton area who share our passion for optimizing brain wellness for everyone while fully supporting families living with cognitive impairment.
- Special Events: Creative design, item or exhibitor solicitation, event preparation, day-of activities, personal attendance. With more than 65% of our budget dependent on donations, Special Event volunteers are a great asset to Memory Matters. We welcome volunteers with experience in developing, designing, and promoting community events. This could include auction items solicitation, table sales, exhibit hall sales, and day-of logistical support.
To submit queries about volunteering, please click here to Contact Us, or call Jan Smith, Development Director, at 843-842-6688 from 9 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday. Her email is email@example.com
Donors are the lifeline of Memory Matters. We rely on donations to educate our community about brain health and to care for families who need professional memory care. To keep our services as affordable as possible, only 35% of our annual budget is covered by program fees. The remainder is contributed by corporations, special events, grantmakers and individuals like you.
Memory Matters has been named an Angel Charity by South Carolina, and is Gold Level on GuideStar. Every donation is valued, and we acknowledge all gifts by letter. Types of donations we gratefully receive are:
- Individual: Gifts of any amount
- Memorials: Gifts in honor of, tribute to or in memory of a loved one
- Bequests: Gifts attached to wills and trusts
- In-Kind: Physical gifts of goods, especially for day programs
- Corporate: Sponsorship gifts, and in-kind
- Grants: Gifts requiring reports per use
To make a donation, please click here, call 843-842-6688, or email Jan Smith, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Angel Charity: https://www.scsos.com/index.asp?n=46&p=0&s=46&char_id=6023
GuideStar Gold Level: https://www.guidestar.org/profile/58-2291775