We depend on volunteers to support our programs and community outreach. In 2018, more than 100 volunteers donated more than 10,000 hours of service! That remarkable contribution greatly enhanced our memory care services and community education.
All volunteers are trained by professional staff to ensure confidence in their role at Memory Matters., Volunteers consider their time spent at Memory Matters as some of their best hours of the week.
- Program: Support Compass Day Program or Connections Classes with music, art, activities and companionship. Program volunteers are fully trained by staff to help participants with activities and at lunch. With our volunteer crew, Memory Matters is able to keep its “staff”/participant ratio to 1:4, better by 100% than what is required by the state of South Carolina (1:8)
- Educational: Assist with community presentations and preparation. Memory Matters will be vastly expanding our Community Education offerings. Volunteers with backgrounds in teaching, management, consulting and logistics are welcome.
- Administrative: Help with mailings, family check-in calls, clerical work. As we grow our organization, volunteers with administrative skills are greatly valued. Volunteers extend our small administrative staff’s ability to manage mail, calls and inquiries.
- Board of Directors: Supply business and fundraising expertise. Memory Matters continues to strategically expand its Board membership. Our goal is to recruit talented residents living in the Hilton head Island and Bluffton area who share our passion for optimizing brain wellness for everyone while fully supporting families living with cognitive impairment.
- Special Events: Creative design, item or exhibitor solicitation, event preparation, day-of activities, personal attendance. With more than 65% of our budget dependent on donations, Special Event volunteers are a great asset to Memory Matters. We welcome volunteers with experience in developing, designing, and promoting community events. This could include auction items solicitation, table sales, exhibit hall sales, and day-of logistical support.
To submit queries about volunteering, please click here to Contact Us, call Jan Smith, Development Director, at 843-842-6688 from 9 AM – 5 PM Monday through Friday. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Donors are vital to Memory Matters’ success and sustainability. Only about 35% of our annual budget is covered by program fees because we try to reduce barriers to care. That leaves about 65% provided by generous donors. To learn more about our Donor Program, click here
We appreciate the many gifts — and hands — that make Memory Matters work for our entire community. From teaching about brain health and wellness to providing professional memory care services, you have been there as our support. We thank you!
Angel Charity: https://www.scsos.com/index.asp?n=46&p=0&s=46&char_id=6023
GuideStar Gold Level: https://www.guidestar.org/profile/58-2291775