Memory Matters serves all full-time residents of southern Beaufort County. We estimate roughly 27,000 people are aged 55+, and about 10% of them are living with a diagnosis of cognitive impairment.
Through optimizing brain wellness, we educate everyone on the need to focus on brain health. Simultaneously, we continue to deliver award-winning memory care services to families living with cognitive impairment.
Community Support: 2017 Statistics
- 4,859 Day Program Sessions
- 759 people served
- $77,000 Fee Assistance for needy families
- 146 Baseline Memory Screens
- 8,850 volunteer hours
- 105 volunteers
- 815 presentations
- 14,367 individuals reached
- 2014: Organization of the Year, Hilton Head/Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
- 2013: PGA Tour Charity of the Year
- 2012: Erin Hardwick Award for Excellence in Non-Profit Management, SCANPO
- 2009: Organization of the Year, Hilton Head/Bluffton Chamber of Commerce